...to a place of connection, camaraderie, exploration, and encouragement
During our worldschooling ventures, we've crossed paths with numerous families living this non-traditional lifestyle... and honestly, there is nothing more refreshing than sharing time and experiences with you!
Worldschoolers are unique:
We prioritize travel and experiential learning
We live and learn outside of the box
We're willing to step out of our comfort zone
Others may call us fearless, courageous, inspirational, crazy or even foolish...but all we know is we are unequivocally drawn to travel. However, a life of wanderlust is not without its challenges.
Sometimes we hit a rut; sometimes it gets lonely; and sometimes we need reassurance and guidance from others who know what it's like to live unconventionally.
Join our Mobile Communities
Though we are a resilient bunch, perfectly capable of traveling on our own...doesn't it sound wonderful to access a portable community designed for worldschoolers by worldschoolers?
Pop-ups are the perfect platform to connect with like-minded individuals while exploring the planet together. Our week-long, casual itineraries allow you to engage in local offerings, immerse in nature, and forge lasting friendships...ideal for those beginning their worldschool adventure as well as seasoned travelers!
What's a Pop-Up?
Our pop-ups are temporary, mobile, week-long gatherings designed to bring worldschoolers together to develop community and explore our planet. Pop-ups can happen at any location, at any time.
These get-togethers bring some expected experiences: visit the museum, swim at the beach, stroll the farmers' market... but also leave room for unexpected, spontaneous adventure.
Our flexible schedules allow the group to create impromptu adjustments as they desire. Maybe everyone wants a day to sleep in or a family game night or even a grand-finale-hair-dying-extravaganza...that's a shoutout to you Madison 2021 Pop-Up Crew!
Sample of Upcoming Pop-Ups
- Fri, Dec 30AthensDec 30, 2022, 12:00 PM – Jan 06, 2023, 12:00 PMAthens, Athens, GreeceA week-long gathering for traveling families to celebrate New Year's Eve and explore Athens. Our itinerary includes New Year's Fireworks, the Ellinikon Experience Park, ancient ruins, National Archeology Museum, changing of the guard, Happy Train hop-on-hop-off train, Varvakios Market, and more.
- Mon, Jan 23Penang, MalaysiaJan 23, 2023, 12:00 PM – Jan 29, 2023, 12:00 PMPenang, Malaysia, Penang, MalaysiaA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Penang, Malaysia. Our itinerary includes Georgetown UNESCO World Heritage Zone + murals, Clan Jetties, Penang Hill, Penang National Park, eat at a Hawker Centre, Kek Lok Si Temple, Balik Pulau - Saanen Dairy Goat Farm, and more!
- Sun, Feb 12SydneyFeb 12, 2023, 12:00 PM – Feb 18, 2023, 12:00 PMSydney, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney NSW, AustraliaA week-long gathering for traveling families to visit Sydney. We'll explore the Sydney Harbour, pedestrian markets in The Rocks, the botanical garden, beaches and tidepools, and even take a ferry ride to the beach!
- Sun, Feb 26İstanbul, TurkeyFeb 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – Mar 04, 2023, 12:00 PMİstanbul, Turkey, İstanbul, TurkeyA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Istanbul, Turkey. Our itinerary includes the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapı Palace, shopping the Grand Bazaar and spice markets, the Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum, and more!
- Sun, Feb 26VeracruzFeb 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – Mar 04, 2023, 12:00 PMVeracruz, Heroica Veracruz, Ver., MexicoA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Veracruz, Mexico, conveniently adjacent to the Project World School Family Summit 2023. We'll explore beaches, playgrounds, parks, mercados, castle ruins and the museum of anthropology.
- Sun, Mar 26OsakaMar 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – Apr 01, 2023, 12:00 PMOsaka, Japan, 〒540-0002 Osaka, Chuo Ward, Ōsakajō, 1, １番１号A week-long gathering for traveling families to visit Osaka during cherry blossom season! We'll gather from March 26 - April 1, 2023 and explore the Osaka Castle, temples, parks, zoos, Tempozan marketplace & giant Ferris wheel, waterfalls, and even a traditional onsen bath!
- Sun, Mar 26PortoMar 26, 2023, 12:00 PM GMT+1 – Apr 02, 2023, 12:00 PM GMT+1Porto, Porto, PortugalA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Porto, Portugal. We'll visit famous markets, Clérigos tower, botanical parks, historic town center, beautiful tile work in the São Bento Station, playgrounds, pedestrian streets, Jardim do Morro, and the iconic Ponte de Dom Luís I bridge!
- Sat, Apr 01Metropolitan City of FlorenceApr 01, 2023, 12:00 PM – Apr 07, 2023, 12:00 PMMetropolitan City of Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, ItalyA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Firenze, Italia, from April 1-7, 2023. We'll explore museums and parks, ride the antique carousel, -visit the tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini, try real gelato, and much, much more!
Two Thumbs Up!
Something extraordinary happens when worldschoolers gather... it's hard to believe unless you've seen it with your own eyes.
We are welcomed and strengthened in this unique mobile community. Because we all relate to the challenge of living an unconventional lifestyle, we allow ourselves to connect on deeper levels.
Kids naturally play in multi-aged groups
Adults find a sounding board to hone their lifestyle strategies
Experiences are shared, respected, and valued
Families glean information from each other
Our past participants resonate with this welcoming, non-judgmental vibe. It really feels like you're meeting long-lost friends for the first time.
Questions? Feedback? More ideas for us? Found a broken link? We'd love to hear about it! We will get back to you as soon as we can. ~The Carlsons