...to a place of connection, camaraderie, exploration, and encouragement
During our worldschooling ventures, we've crossed paths with numerous families living this non-traditional lifestyle... and honestly, there is nothing more refreshing than sharing time and experiences with you!
Worldschoolers are unique:
We prioritize travel and experiential learning
We live and learn outside of the box
We're willing to step out of our comfort zone
Others may call us fearless, courageous, inspirational, crazy or even foolish...but all we know is we are unequivocally drawn to travel. However, a life of wanderlust is not without its challenges.
Sometimes we hit a rut; sometimes it gets lonely; and sometimes we need reassurance and guidance from others who know what it's like to live unconventionally.
Join our Mobile Communities
Though we are a resilient bunch, perfectly capable of traveling on our own...doesn't it sound wonderful to access a portable community designed for worldschoolers by worldschoolers?
Pop-ups are the perfect platform to connect with like-minded individuals while exploring the planet together. Our week-long, casual itineraries allow you to engage in local offerings, immerse in nature, and forge lasting friendships...ideal for those beginning their worldschool adventure as well as seasoned travelers!
What's a Pop-Up?
Our pop-ups are temporary, mobile, week-long gatherings designed to bring worldschoolers together to develop community and explore our planet. Pop-ups can happen at any location, at any time.
These get-togethers bring some expected experiences: visit the museum, swim at the beach, stroll the farmers' market... but also leave room for unexpected, spontaneous adventure.
Our flexible schedules allow the group to create impromptu adjustments as they desire. Maybe everyone wants a day to sleep in or a family game night or even a grand-finale-hair-dying-extravaganza...that's a shoutout to you Madison 2021 Pop-Up Crew!
Sample of Upcoming Pop-Ups
- Mon, Oct 02MarathonOct 02, 12:00 PM – Oct 08, 12:00 PMMarathon, Marathon, TX 79842, USAOct 02, 12:00 PM – Oct 08, 12:00 PMMarathon, Marathon, TX 79842, USAA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Marathon Texas from October 2 - 8, 2023. We will see dinosaur bones and hike at Big Bend National Park, visit hot springs, take a day trip to Terlingua, join a star party (Texas has amazing stars), enjoy local music and festivals, too!
- Sun, Oct 08MálagaOct 08, 12:00 PM – Oct 14, 12:00 PMMálaga, Málaga, SpainOct 08, 12:00 PM – Oct 14, 12:00 PMMálaga, Málaga, SpainA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Málaga , Spain, October 8 - 14, 2023. We'll see the castle, cathedral, beaches, markets, plazas, and maybe a stops at a winery or an olive oil tour or a football match or a flamenco show! So much to do!!
- Sun, Oct 22Taipei, TaiwanOct 22, 12:00 PM – Oct 28, 12:00 PMTaipei, Taiwan, Taipei City, Taiwan
- Tue, Nov 07KobeNov 07, 12:00 PM – Nov 13, 12:00 PMKobe, Kobe, Hyogo, JapanNov 07, 12:00 PM – Nov 13, 12:00 PMKobe, Kobe, Hyogo, JapanA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Kobe, Japan, from Nov 7 - 13, 2023. We'll experience how this city of 1.5 million people harmoniously lives, works, and plays with a culture unique unto itself. Highlights include local foods, karaoke, markets, Himeji Castle, and more!
- Sat, Nov 18BudapestNov 18, 12:00 PM – Nov 24, 12:00 PMBudapest, Budapest, HungaryNov 18, 12:00 PM – Nov 24, 12:00 PMBudapest, Budapest, HungaryA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Budapest, Hungary, from Nov 18 - 24, 2023. We'll explore many things - history, architecture, culture, museums, the arts, and nature. Plus seasonal activities like the Christmas markets and ice skating!
- Sun, Dec 10Buenos AiresDec 10, 12:00 PM – Dec 16, 12:00 PMBuenos Aires, Buenos Aires, ArgentinaDec 10, 12:00 PM – Dec 16, 12:00 PMBuenos Aires, Buenos Aires, ArgentinaA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Buenos Aires, Argentina December 10 - 16, 2023! We'll see the street art in La Boca, Sunday market in San Telmo, parks, ecological preserves, museums, the largest bookstore in South America, and hope to catch some tango dancers!
- Fri, Dec 29LisbonDec 29, 2023, 12:00 PM – Jan 04, 2024, 12:00 PMLisbon, Lisbon, PortugalDec 29, 2023, 12:00 PM – Jan 04, 2024, 12:00 PMLisbon, Lisbon, PortugalA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Lisbon, Portugal, from December 29, 2023 - January 4, 2024. There's so much to do in the area, including interesting museums, beautiful parks, breathtaking beaches with cliff-side hikes, rich history, and so many wonderful people.
Two Thumbs Up!
Something extraordinary happens when worldschoolers gather... it's hard to believe unless you've seen it with your own eyes.
We are welcomed and strengthened in this unique mobile community. Because we all relate to the challenge of living an unconventional lifestyle, we allow ourselves to connect on deeper levels.
Kids naturally play in multi-aged groups
Adults find a sounding board to hone their lifestyle strategies
Experiences are shared, respected, and valued
Families glean information from each other
Our past participants resonate with this welcoming, non-judgmental vibe. It really feels like you're meeting long-lost friends for the first time.
Questions? Feedback? More ideas for us? Found a broken link? We'd love to hear about it! We will get back to you as soon as we can. ~The Carlsons
PS If you do have a question... please check our FAQs first, I answer lots of the same inquiries so it's likely your answer is already there.