...to a place of connection, camaraderie, exploration, and encouragement
During our worldschooling ventures, we've crossed paths with numerous families living this non-traditional lifestyle... and honestly, there is nothing more refreshing than sharing time and experiences with you!
Worldschoolers are unique:
We prioritize travel and experiential learning
We live and learn outside of the box
We're willing to step out of our comfort zone
Others may call us fearless, courageous, inspirational, crazy or even foolish...but all we know is we are unequivocally drawn to travel. However, a life of wanderlust is not without its challenges.
Sometimes we hit a rut; sometimes it gets lonely; and sometimes we need reassurance and guidance from others who know what it's like to live unconventionally.
Join our Mobile Communities
Though we are a resilient bunch, perfectly capable of traveling on our own...doesn't it sound wonderful to access a portable community designed for worldschoolers by worldschoolers?
Pop-ups are the perfect platform to connect with like-minded individuals while exploring the planet together. Our week-long, casual itineraries allow you to engage in local offerings, immerse in nature, and forge lasting friendships...ideal for those beginning their worldschool adventure as well as seasoned travelers!
What's a Pop-Up?
Our pop-ups are temporary, mobile, week-long gatherings designed to bring worldschoolers together to develop community and explore our planet. Pop-ups can happen at any location, at any time.
These get-togethers bring some expected experiences: visit the museum, swim at the beach, stroll the farmers' market... but also leave room for unexpected, spontaneous adventure.
Our flexible schedules allow the group to create impromptu adjustments as they desire. Maybe everyone wants a day to sleep in or a family game night or even a grand-finale-hair-dying-extravaganza...that's a shoutout to you Madison 2021 Pop-Up Crew!
Sample of Upcoming Pop-Ups
- Sat, Apr 01Metropolitan City of FlorenceApr 01, 12:00 PM – Apr 07, 12:00 PMMetropolitan City of Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, ItalyA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Firenze, Italia, from April 1-7, 2023. We'll explore museums and parks, ride the antique carousel, -visit the tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini, try real gelato, and much, much more!
- Wed, Apr 05TokyoApr 05, 12:00 PM – Apr 11, 12:00 PMTokyo, JapanA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Tokyo, Japan, from April 5-11, 2023. We'll experience how this megalopolis of 37 million people harmoniously lives, works and plays with a culture unique unto itself. Highlights include local foods, karaoke, temples, markets, museums, and more!
- Mon, May 22Prague
- Sun, Jun 04HonoluluJun 04, 12:00 PM – Jun 10, 12:00 PMHonolulu, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, USAA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Honolulu from June 4-10, 2023. Step into the aloha spirit of Oahu and enjoy Waikiki Beach, walks and nature trails, Pearl Harbor history, Hawaiian museums and culture, Chinatown, interesting cuisine and more!
- Sat, Jul 15Siem ReapJul 15, 12:00 PM – Jul 21, 12:00 PMSiem Reap, Siem Reap, CambodiaA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Siem Reap, Cambodia, July 15-21, 2023. We plan to visit the stunning ruins of Angkor Wat, traditional markets, temples, lotus and silk farms, visit the countryside for a swim, and even learn about the landmine sniffing rats!
- Sun, Aug 06MadisonAug 06, 12:00 PM – Aug 12, 12:00 PMMadison, Madison, WI, USAA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Madison, Wisconsin, August 6-12, 2023. We plan to visit Olbrich Botanical Gardens, Chazen museum of art, Henry Vilas zoo, the local farmers market (biggest producers-only market in the country) and more!
- Sat, Aug 26CincinnatiAug 26, 12:00 PM – Sep 01, 12:00 PMCincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USAA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Cincinnati, Ohio, from August 26 - September 1, 2023. We'll explore Mt Adams, visit the Krohn Conservatory, Findlay Market, Cincinnati Art Museum and go swimming at Ziegler Pool.
- Mon, Sep 11ValenciaSep 11, 12:00 PM – Sep 17, 12:00 PMValencia, Valencia, SpainA week-long gathering for traveling families to explore Valencia, Spain, September 11-17, 2023. We'll explore Valencia's La Malvarosa beach, Albufera de Valencia, try local goodies such as horchata, fartons and different types of arroz, walk around Turia's gardens, & play at the super playground!
Two Thumbs Up!
Something extraordinary happens when worldschoolers gather... it's hard to believe unless you've seen it with your own eyes.
We are welcomed and strengthened in this unique mobile community. Because we all relate to the challenge of living an unconventional lifestyle, we allow ourselves to connect on deeper levels.
Kids naturally play in multi-aged groups
Adults find a sounding board to hone their lifestyle strategies
Experiences are shared, respected, and valued
Families glean information from each other
Our past participants resonate with this welcoming, non-judgmental vibe. It really feels like you're meeting long-lost friends for the first time.
Questions? Feedback? More ideas for us? Found a broken link? We'd love to hear about it! We will get back to you as soon as we can. ~The Carlsons
PS If you do have a question... please check our FAQs first, I answer lots of the same inquiries so it's likely your answer is already there.